Spinal Rehabilitation Omaha, Nebraska
Spinal rehabilitation is also referred to as spinal care. It involves physical conditioning programs such as muscle strengthening and relearning how to do basic tasks. There are several multi-disciplinary therapies dedicated to spinal care. Here, at Life Source Chiropractic, we offer chiropractic therapy for many spinal injuries.
Functions of the Spine
A well-functioning spine is vital to the proper functioning of your body. A spine has three primary functions:
- Offers protection to the spinal cord and nerve roots
- Gives structural support and balance to maintain an upright posture
- Enables flexible motion in your body
New Patient Special
FREE Initial Consultation
Spinal injuries are caused by various reasons such as accidents, poor posture, a sedentary lifestyle or occupational risks. Athletes, too, are vulnerable to spinal injuries due to the demands of their training.
An injured spine compromises your movement and your physiological functions. The medical term for injured spines is vertebral subluxation. Spinal injuries also take a toll on your emotional and mental state.
Spinal pain is either acute or chronic. At Life Source Chiropractic, we treat both kinds of pain in short periods. Acute spinal pain can be treated in a single visit. In contrast, chronic pain may require regular chiropractic adjustments over a period of time.
This therapy promotes proper alignment of the spine and restores its correct functioning. The adjustment therapy uses evidence-based treatments to treat clients.
Our experienced chiropractors can detect vertebral subluxation and propose the right approach to treat it. Additionally, our specialists can help relieve the symptoms and give you long-lasting relief. This spinal manipulation involves using hands or a small instrument to apply a sudden force on the affected spinal joints.
What to Expect
Our chiropractor begins by taking your health history to determine the proper spinal rehabilitation approach. Then a physical exam is conducted, paying particular attention to the spine. Sometimes, the chiropractor may recommend further tests such as X-rays.
The therapy requires lying face down on a specially designed, padded chiropractic table. Our spinal specialist will direct you on how to position yourself, depending on the affected area. It is essential to feel comfortable before the therapy commences.
The chiropractor uses their hands or a small tool to apply controlled, sudden force to your joints, pushing them beyond the usual range of motion. You may hear a popping or cracking sound during the procedure. The cracking sound of your joints is referred to as joint cavitation.
The therapy is most suitable for people with lower back pain, neck pain and severe headaches. Some of our clients have reported minor side effects after the therapy. The most common side effects include headache, soreness and fatigue a few days after the treatment.
After spinal rehabilitation, you are expected to have reduced nerve irritation, improved function of your spine and increased range of motion. In some isolated cases, clients report no improvement from their symptoms. We recommend they try other spinal care therapies.
Benefits of Spinal Rehabilitation
Below are some of the benefits we hope our clients experience after undergoing spinal rehabilitation in Omaha:
- Better breathing – Poor posture reduces your oxygen intake by 30%. After a session with our experts, you may notice you no longer feel shortness of breath. Taking deeper breaths becomes easier due to the improved posture.
- Better spinal flexibility and strength – Your muscles and joints work better when you have a better posture. You may participate in various demanding activities when your spine is stronger.
- Improved confidence – Spinal care promotes positive body image since better health improves your self-esteem.
- Reduced risk of depression – Chronic pain causes depression, and pain relief improves your mood. Without pain, you have more energy and a healthy mind.
- Treat the primary cause – Chiropractic adjustments treat the different root causes of spinal pain.
Tips to Maintain a Healthy Spine
Our spinal rehabilitation programs at Life Source Chiropractic effectively treat multiple spinal injuries and/or pain. We believe in the prevention of related complications. There are a few practices you can do to maintain a healthy spine:
- Always practice proper lifting techniques such as lifting with your legs, not your back. You can also invest in lifting equipment if you are required to do a lot of lifting.
- Maintain an active lifestyle such as picking up a hobby in hiking or swimming. Exercises and regular stretching also prevent spinal injuries.
- Maintaining a healthy weight is also a great way to protect your spine
- Remain hydrated
If you have questions about your spinal health and are seeking spinal rehabilitation, you can call us at (402) 934-4220.