WE HAVE GREAT NEWS!
There is a Super Weapon we can use to fight viruses. Imagine being in charge of the world’s most powerful Superweapon. This weapon can adapt and destroy things we can’t understand. It REMEMBERS it’s enemies forever, and it is also able to ADAPT to things that don’t even exist yet.
Your immune system is this weapon. It’s not only a weapon. It is a sophisticated army with an innate ability to adapt and protect you from an outstanding number of possible infectious agents. There are specialized cells that can not only take down foreign pathogens but remembers them for future exposures. These cells can clean up cuts, repair broken tissues, kill selected targets, and communicate harmoniously while doing it. This incredible army is ready to defeat any foreign invaders, but it needs to be cared for, or it can become weak.
Being prudent with basic hygiene and sanitation steps makes sense like it always has. Hand washing and avoiding touching your mouth or face being at the top of the list. This is proven to reduce the spread of germs.
With this in mind, we are not defenseless to the germs of the world. We were given an Immune System. This system is our greatest offense and defense if we take care of it.
Here are 7 Ways To Boost Your Immune System:
1. Get Adjusted. One of the most important things you can do is keep your Nervous System working at the body’s optimum. The mounting research is undeniable, and it has shown that Chiropractic adjustments are vital to getting and maintaining a high functioning immune system. The research shows us that we can boost CD4 immune system cells by 48%(2), improve Interleukin II levels(1), and we can be 200% healthier by staying adjusted vs. someone who is not taking care of their Nervous System (3). Nerve fibers go into virtually every organ and tissue that contributes to the immune response. If you took the nerves away from glands, spleen, and lymph nodes, you would stop the immune system in its tracks. If you put pressure on these nerves through misalignment and impair the communication to the brain, then you consequently impair and reduce the function of the immune system.
2. Reduce Stress. An increase in the stress hormone Cortisol is shown to destroy immune function. This means the fear and anxiety of the illness may be more damaging than the illness itself. While staying hopeful can be difficult for people, it becomes easier when you protect your mind with what you will allow into it. We recommend staying aware without being consumed, focus on what you can actively do to boost your immune system, get good quality sleep, but most of all remain hopeful – because hope always wins!
3. Limit sugar intake. Spikes in sugar intake suppress your immune system. When your immune system is compromised, you are more likely to get sick.
4. Take a high-quality complete multivitamin. Vitamins such as Zinc and Vitamin C are huge in promoting a healthy immune system. The lack of these is known to make someone more prone to getting sick. Vitamin B6 is vital in supporting the biochemical reactions that support the immune system. Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that helps people fight off infection. These are just a few, and a great multivitamin will ensure your body is well equipped.
5. Vitamin D. This is the most important vitamin when it comes to the Immune System. It is not even a vitamin, but rather a hormone because the body makes it for you. Unfortunately, sun exposure is necessary and this time of year, we don’t get what we need. The daily intake of a supplement for myself is around 5,000 IU’s of Vitamin D per day, and double that when I’m experiencing symptoms from an illness.
6. Consume Nutrient Dense Food. This also goes without saying. If you are what you eat, then why would you want to be cheap, easy, and fast. These foods are full of sugar and toxicity that will wreak havoc on your body.
7. Exercise. Exercise helps to boost your white blood cells to fight off illness. A goal of at least 30 minutes of exercise to increase your heart rate to a safe level. High Intensity Interval Training is the most beneficial to improve the oxygenation of your cells and improved immune function.
(1)Chiropractic & Osteopathy September 2010
“Interleukin 2-regulated in vitro antibody production following a single spinal manipulative treatment in normal subjects.” JA Teodorczyk-Injeyan, M McGregor, R Ruegg, HS Injeyan
(2) The Effects of Specific Upper Cervical Adjustments on the CD4 Counts of HIV Positive Patients Jeffrey L. Selano, Brett C. Hightower, Bruce Pfleger, Karen Freeley Collins, John D. Grostic Source: Chiropractic Research Journal : Volume 3, Number 1
(3) Pero R. “Medical Researcher Excited By CBSRF Project Results.” The Chiropractic Journal, August 1989; 32.